LAKE BESECK ASSOCIATION PICNIC & CARDBOARD BOAT RACE- July 11
Celebrate the return of the lake at our Annual Lake Beseck Association Picnic!
It all starts at 11 A.M. on July 11th
~Food, Family Fun, Music, Awards~
*Bring a dish to share, LBA will furnish hamburgers, hot dogs and drinks!
11a - Noon
11a - Registration your teams for the Boat Race
Line your boats up on the beach for pictures and bragging rights
Sign up for 50/50 Raffle
Pay Dues to Pete Sibley (if you haven't already - $10 pp or $20 per family)
*Bring a Dish to Share A-G: Salad H-M: Dessert N-Z: Appetizer
Noon - 1:30p Grillin' & Chillin'
"Bobby Flay" will be firing up the grill at 12:00p
1:30p - Julia Orosz to kick off the Boat Race with The National Anthem
Other activities include annual Egg Toss and Sack Race, and we will also find the right time to sing Happy Birthday to Chris Hurlbert , who will be 50 this year!
Boat Construction & Materials
1. Use cardboard and duct tape to build boats.
2. Duct tape may be used to reinforce seams and the bottom of your boat.
3. No pre-treated or waxed cardboard is permitted.
4. Use of paint is permitted as a decoration only, not to waterproof hull.
5. Oars may be made of any material to propel your boat.
6. The crew compartment cannot be enclosed to interfere with escape
• Be creative, costumes and boat decoration encouraged.
• A PFD (Personal Floatation Device) is strongly recommended.
• Cardboard can be found at appliance store, dept. stores, discount clubs, electronic stores, etc
• All ages encouraged to join the fun!
1st, 2nd & 3rd PLACE FINISH – age 12 and above, and below age 12
Most Spectacular Sinking
Best Team Spirit