Middlefield Sesquicentennial Cardboard Boat Race SUNDAY June 5, 2016 from 10 A.M. - 12 P.M.
IT ALL STARTS at 10 A.M.
An event you won't want to miss - all ages welcome to join in the fun!
9:30 A.M. - Registration & line up your boat for bragging rights and photos
10:00 A.M. - Kick off the race with The National Anthem - Sierra Manning
Boat Construction & Rules
1. Use cardboard and duct tape to build boats.
2. Duct tape may be used to reinforce seams and the bottom of your boat.
3. No pre-treated or waxed cardboard is permitted.
4. Use of paint is permitted as a decoration only, not to waterproof hull.
5. Oars may be made of any material to propel your boat.
6. The crew compartment cannot be enclosed to interfere with escape
· Be creative, costumes and boat decoration encouraged.
· A PFD (Personal Floatation Device) is strongly recommended.
· Cardboard can be found at appliance store, dept. stores, discount clubs, electronic stores, etc
· All ages encouraged to join the fun!
- 1st, 2nd & 3rd PLACE FINISH – age 12 and above & below age 12
- Most Creative
- Most Spectacular Sinking
- Best Team Spirit
Winners will be featured on Lake Beseck Living website!